Property Disputes

Property disputes can take many different forms, whether it’s a dispute between a property owner and a tenant, a dispute between neighbours, or a dispute with a builder who has carried out sub-standard work. It is always important to speak to an expert to take some legal advice as quickly as possible, if any of these disputes arise, to ensure they do not escalate and to try to resolve matters cost effectively. In some basis (such as where there is faulty building work) an expert’s report might be required, and we can help you to arrange that, so that you can start putting things right. When you have fallen out with a neighbour, you need to know what your rights and obligations are, so that you can decide how you want to try to resolve matters. In many cases, mediation can be effective, but in others, it may be necessary to issue a claim in court. If you have a dispute regarding a property that you rent or own, speak to one of our expert lawyers today for an initial assessment of your case.

  • It looks like the right to roam will continue to be restricted, but what are the competing interests?
  • The Court of Appeal's decision about right to privacy has potentially weakened claims arising out of overlooking. Developers of new property are heartened by the decision but further privacy cases will arise.
  • A new procedure will make it easier for lower cost construction disputes to be dealt with more quickly and cost effectively.
  • During these stressful times, simmering neighbour disputes could boil over - here is how we can help.
  • Changes to the law surrounding adverse possession mean making claims is now more complex, but our handy guide will help you decide if you have a case.
  • If your property has a right of way over it, the value could be affected. What can you do about it?
  • Have you ever wondered how land gets classed as a village green? Read on to find out and to see if you could register land today.
  • If you live near a new development, has a crane or other piece of equipment trespassed over your land?
  • A complex and long running boundary dispute in Bude has recently been resolved.
  • Before buying a property, it is important to understand your right of view under English law, as your rural view may not be protected. Read on to find out more.
  • Many properties have covenants, restricting what the owners can do. Is there any you can do to alter them?
  • If cranes are encroaching above your property from a neighbouring development, you may have a claim for compensation. Read on to find out more.
  • If you need help with squatters, read our expert guidance about what you can do.
  • It is common for eaves, gutters or fascias to overhang a neighbour’s property.This can particularly affect new properties, where developers have squeezed as many houses as possible into a small space. If this causes you problems, this article will help you decide whether you could have a claim.