"No Win No Fee" Available for Defamation Cases
There are two main types of defamation:
- Libel, is when someone publishes a false statement that damages your reputation.
- Slander, is a false spoken statement that damages your reputation.
Defamatory statements can have serious effects, such as:
- making people think less of you;
- disparaging you in your business;
- causing you to be shunned or avoided; or
- exposing you to ridicule, contempt and hatred.
If you or your business are the victim of defamation you could make a claim seeking an apology, damages, an injunction and costs.
At Samuels, we understand that the costs of bringing a defamation claim can be daunting. However, we will always discuss your funding options with you at the outset and defamation is one of the few areas where traditional CFAs, or "no win no fee" agreements are still allowed.
We are North Devon's niche litigation practice with particular expertise in defamation. Contact us to speak to one of our experts today. You have to act quickly or you could lose your right to claim, so call today.