Accountant Made a Mistake? "No Win No Fee" Assistance Available
Just like any other professional, accountants can make mistakes. Some of the most common are as follows:
- advising wrongly about the value of your business;
- failing to advise you to register for VAT purposes, or failing to advise you how to avoid having to do so;
- filing returns late so you incur penalties;
- not including rental income in your tax return;
- failing to declare a couple's joint earnings properly;
- failing to claim for using your home as an office if you are self-employed;
- not claiming employment expenses;
- not claiming for gift aid on charitable donations;
- failing to declare a business or capital loss properly;
- not dealing with the sale of assets (i.e. shares or investments policies) properly; and
- failing to claim mortgage interest repayments correctly.
This is not an exhaustive list - it is just an illustration of how many different types of mistakes can be made.
If you think your accountant has made a mistake, we may be able to help. Samuels are a niche professional negligence practice, specialising in claims against accountants and other professionals.
If you have been let down by an accountant, contact us today for a free no obligation discussion about how we can help.